
Her family: Jaci, Jade, Kim & Kelly


My sister & I both loved Halloween. This time we went as the sparkle sisters & had fun partying with family at the Windmill in Mapleton.

This was just a coincidence. We showed up at a family birthday party both wearing our tie-dyed shirts & purple sunglasses. Even though we were 8 years apart in age, my sister & I were alike in many ways.

Family Christmas at my Grandma Schubbe's house. Cousins & Friends 'til the end: Me (on top), Cammy (left), Kim (right), Amber (bottom)

Kim loved singing Karaoke.

Valleyfair was one of our favorite places to go. She loved rollercoasters & even the carousel was fun!
In Memory of Kimberly Jo Ullrich
March 28, 1970-July 25, 2004
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR MORE PICTURES. I WILL POST MORE AS I AM ABLE. SOMETIMES MEMORIES FADE, BUT PICTURES HELP US TO REMEMBER SO MUCH.
It has been 6 years since my sister passed away from cancer (Ewing's sarcoma) on July 25, 2004. Her uphill battle & fight against this disease lasted a year & a half. She was only 34 years old, married with two children. I am grateful for the time shared with her, for knowing her, for being her sister & for being there to hold her hand the day she left this earth, but time cannot heal the pain one feels from losing someone so close. Although life does not stop & you continue to live, a part of you goes with them. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss & think about my one & only sister. I guess in some ways, I still grieve for her. I miss talking to her, knowing I can pick up the phone & share some great & exciting news with her. I always thought that one day she'd be there to see me have children of my own & our families would go on family vacations together. I am happy that she was able to be there on our wedding day as my matron of honor & share that moment with me. She died less than 3 months after our wedding. I see so much of her in my little girl, Mikayla. For starters, Mikayla LOVES pickles & for those of you that knew Kim, you know she was a pickle finatic. Yes, she even drank pickle juice right out of the jar. Those fun & silly memories still make me smile. And nobody can forget Kim's burping abilities. It may be odd (not in our family), but belching loudly & often was an ability she had. And wouldn't you know, at the young age of 3, my daughter seems to have been blessed with what's known as the "Kramer burping" talent. I imagine her "talent" will only get better with age. On the more serious side, Kim had a love of photography (another common interest we shared), her family, baking the best cookies & cakes ever, having fun & so many other things. The memories could go on forever, but I will leave you with these two poems.
THE BROKEN CHAIN
We little knew that morning
that God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly.
In death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you,
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,
your love is still our guide;
and though we cannot see you,
you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
LOVING MEMORY
God saw you getting tired, a cure was not to be.
He put his arms around you and whispered, "come to me."
With tearful eyes we watched you suffer and slowly fade away.
Even though we loved you deeply, we could not make you stay.
A heart of gold stopped beating, working hands were put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best.



No comments:
Post a Comment