


Since last Friday (February 26), Nolan has been using his hands AND knees more & more each day to crawl. And on Tuesday (March 2) I was amazed when I looked in our video monitor & saw him stand up in his crib for the first time. He seems to be getting stronger & longer everyday. He has been wearing 12 month sleepers for many many months & has reached the end of those & will soon be wearing 18 month sleepers. We had his 9 month check up yesterday (Friday, March 5). He grew almost 3 inches & gained 3 lbs. since his 6 month check up. Although he does not yet exceed the weight limit of 22 lbs. for the infant car seat, he has now met the length limit of 29" & will be moved to a new car seat within the next couple of weeks. His eczema continues to be a problem, so our next step is to see a dermatologist asap, & I am currently weaning him to soy based formula just in case he has a milk allergy. I also took Mikayla to the doctor because she said her ear hurt & found out both kids have double ear infections, which I think explains "the mood" Mikayla has been in the past few days. I must say that even though they have ear infections, both have been in mostly good spirits, playing, eating & drinking just fine. I am blessed to have two little sweeties that seem to sleep great at night, even when sick. The down side to this is that I usually have no idea when they might possibly have ear infections because there's no pulling of the ears, no loss of appetite, no disrupted sleep. I just assume when Nolan's fussy it's his teeth & when Mikayla's in "a mood"....well, she's 3, so there's really no other explanation needed. Anyway, both kids will be on antibiotics (amoxicillan) for 10 days, then it will be time to see the doctor again for a re-check. Hopefully, I will be able to see the dermatologist within the next couple of months & get some answers.
Nolan's 9 month measurements:
Weight 18 lbs. 5 oz (20%)
Length 29" (75%)
No comments:
Post a Comment