Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nolan's 2 months old

















I can't believe how fast the time goes, but Nolan just turned 2 months old on July 22. He has been a great baby & I am very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Once you get past the sleep deprivation of those first few weeks with a newborn, things only get better. He has settled into a great routine, smiles everyday & has started giggling everyday as well. I am lucky to have the opportunity as an at home daycare provider to be home everyday with my kids & nurse Nolan full time. He has taken to breastfeeding naturally just like Mikayla did & I couldn't be happier. He is 2 lbs. bigger than Mikayla was at this age & seems to nurse more frequently than she did, but has been sleeping great at night ever since he was 2 weeks old. He nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day, goes to bed at 7:30pm & sleeps until 6am. I only have to get him up around 10pm to nurse, but otherwise he sleeps thru the night.

His 2 month well child exam was on July 23 and he weighed in at 12 lbs. 3 3/4 oz (70%) & was 24 1/4" long (90%).

Most days Mikayla seems to ignore Nolan, but when I put him on the bed to take pics, she always likes to help. I'm sure she'll start to pay more attention to him when he's crawling around & getting into her toys, but I don't have to worry about that for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment